Following reactions from the viral video showing an empty isolation centre in Kano, supposedly housing about 800 Coronavirus patients on the thread below,
PRESS RELEASE !!!
@KNSMOH wishes to draw the attention of the general public to a video clip that is currently being circulated on social media platforms stating that @KanostateNg does not have a single functional #COVID__19 Isolation Center in the state.
2. The allegation in the video is indeed a white lie, false, mischievous, unfounded and a handiwork of some disgruntled and unpatriotic elements aimed at rubbishing the dogged, committed and sincere efforts of @GovUmarGanduje towards containing the spread of the pandemic in Kano
3. The State Commissioner for Health, @dr_tyw, against the backdrop therefore, wishes to inform the general public that @KanostateNg has four (4) isolation centers that are fully functional and well equipped and three (3) more nearing completion.
4. Patients are being admitted into some of these centers, treated and discharged after full recovery from the #COVID19.
@dr_tyw explained that Kwanar Dawaki Isolation center is for patients with critical condition, like those that need ventilators.
5. Other Isolation Centres include:
#AbubakarImamUrologyCentre set up by the @KanoStateNg in collaboration with @AlikoDangoteFdn and the isolation centre at Daula Hotel. https:///9iz0x6Pnp1
6. @dr_tyw also added that the ongoing isolation centers are Sani Abacha Stadium Isolation Center, 340-bed capacity at Karfi Sports Institute Isolation centre and Tofa Cottage Hospital Isolation Centre https:///kNzKZe1BwZ
7. The general public are therefore urged to disregard the content of the video as FAKE NEWS and misleading aimed at tarnishing the reputation of the State Government and all those involved in the fight against the pandemic in Kano.
#GodBlessKano #PrayForKano #MaskUpKano